Public Speaking Internship: Learn Passionate Oratory
The internship is centered around getting you to be able to deliver speeches that put forth arguments on some aspect of a social issue.
All speeches will be recorded on our site and go through an editing process where we provide you individual feedback on your delivery and help you work on the skills taught that week.
You will have the option to publish the speech on our site, podcast, Youtube channel, and/or shared on our social media. It will be completely up to the student to choose if any speech they work on with us is shared or not.
The program will include weekly lessons and quizzes to help you learn the skills required in effectively delivering persuasive speeches.
Each lesson will include:
- Written Lectures where you learn one aspect of public speaking
- Quick Practice Quizzes where you answer multiple choice questions
- Speech Assignments where you record a speech each week
While our first goal as a non-profit is to train students to be able to write better, we also work with other organizations to provide them with publicity and resources to grow their organizations.
Your writing is an instrumental part of that project! We will post information about non-profits that are relevant to your writing around your article to help draw attention to complementary organizations.
You are also free to suggest organizations that you think would make a good fit for your writing that week, but this is not a requirement.
- Age: High Schoolers (8th-12th grade in 2017-2018) or College Students
- Language: English (For now)
- Country: Anywhere!
- Materials: Have a computer/tablet with access to reliable Internet
- Application Deadline: Rolling
- Application Fee: $10
- Program Cost: Free!
- Dates: Around 8 weeks from session start (ANYTIME during the year)
- The internship can be done at your own pace so you can do more in some weeks, and less in others!
- Location: Anywhere! It's all online!
- Our lessons, assignments, video interfaces, and chatting will all take place on our website
- Become a confident speaker and be better equipped to handle public speaking
- Have your speeches published on our channels
- Get a certificate of completion and letter of recommendation
- Connect with other like-minded individuals, and
- Spread awareness about social issues